- Set up notifications about new content that appears on your website. The easiest way to do that is by using RSS feeds, other options are available as well.
- Next step is to connect Newzmate with your MailChimp account. In order to do that please provide us with an API key. Please click here to find out how.
- We also need an ID of your target mailing list - mailing list that you are going to use for personalized content recommendations. Please click here to find out how.
- Send content recommendations requirements to Newzmate's customer success manager, e.g.:
1. Type of recommendations: personally recommended to each subscriber, most popular content, latest content
2. Display type: title only, image + title or image + title + description
3. Number of recommended items (from 1 to 10)
- Once you send us this information, we will provide you with the following data:
1. Login and password to your Newzmate Dashboard
2. List of merge tags that you'll need to add into your email template in MailChimp
- After you log in to the dashboard, you'll need to do the following:
1. Go to Integrations, add a new one to generate JS code for further integration on your website
2. Go to Campaigns and choose the schedule for content recommendations updates. Please note that updates should be prepared in advance, approximately 50k subscribers per hour, e.g. if you want to send the campaign in MailChimp at 9am and have 100k subscribers, the time frame for update delivery should be from 7 to 8.59 am
- Go to email editor in MailChimp and add blocks using existing MailChimp items (e.g. add an Image+Caption), creating the structure for dynamic content — the way you want to arrange that it in the newsletter
- Save the template and export it to HTML
- Create new template and import saved HTML file
- Open HTML in MailChimp editor and replace placeholder text with Newzmate's merge tags provided in step 5.2
- Note that Newzmate merge tag for image should be included within HTML tag for images, same should be done for links and titles
- Save the template and launch the campaign