To set up double opt-in email sign-up process you need to go through the following steps:
- The same as with single opt-in you need have created your main campaign with the content you want the subscriber to receive on a regular basis and opt-in form to get visitors emails. Now we need to accomplish a few additional steps
- First one, create an intermediate list of subscribers where subscribers will get to from the opt-in forms, that will be used for sending confirmation emails. Go to Email → Mailing Lists → Click "Create New Mailing List" → Give it a name (e.g. "Double opt-in list")
- Next, create an email campaign for Confirmation emails. Go through the regular Campaigns setups process, with the only 2 differences that you need:
- to choose Triggered campaign type
- to pick email template called "Welcome Email"
4. Change the look and feel of the template the way you want and by clicking on Confirm button choose in this block settings the main mailing list the subscriber should get to after email is confirmed
5. After that go to Schedule and check Distribution Mode. It should be Triggered → Immediately
6. And the last step select your intermediate mailing list that will be attached to this campaign, these are the subscribers that where added via your opt-in form
7. In opt-in form attach the same intermediate mailing list (e.g. "Double opt-in list") and don't forget to attach this opt-in form to your integration code in Setup → Integrations
In case you have any questions, please let us know.