The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) set a new standard for how companies use and protect a data of individuals located in the territory of the EU. It has taken effect from May 25, 2018.
At Newzmate, we worked hard to ensure we complied with the GDPR. This was a massive overhaul of processes and data models to make sure we met our legal obligations.
Below are the most important things we did to ensure we set up ourselves and our customers to meet GDPR rules:
- We checked and ensured that all internal company policy/procedures in conformity to the GDPR.
- We established the proper GDPR compliance relationships with our suppliers.
- We've prepared the data processing agreements and other necessary documents which are available for signing by our customers upon request.
- Newzmate can help obtain the data we may possess about end-users upon the customer's authorization, receipt of which is available by the customer's request
- By request from a client, Newzmate can help, to the best of its abilities, implement exercise of the right "to be forgotten".